Well, I did it again! I talked my mom into another crazy adventure, hee hee. We ran the 5K Mud Blast in Colusa on Saturday while my dad watched the girls. I didn't think that I would get much of a workout because I normally run at least 6 miles at a time but I was pretty sore the next day because the obstacles were intense. I am proud of my mom, she made it through every single obstacle and they were harder than the obstacles they had in the Air Force boot camp. I am totally going to sign up for another mud run. I don't know if I will have as much fun if my mom isn't with me though, she provided some pretty comical commentary: "I didn't want to get muddy","Now this is my kind of obstacle", "I feel like I have Praying Mantis arms" and "not another friggin' mud pit!" there were more but, sadly, I can't remember them.
I said my share of odd things too: "Will someone push my butt up please?" (As I was trying to climb up out of a super slippery mud pit, I just couldn't get any traction!) I heard a sweet voice behind me saying, "I'm a girl, I swear" as she shoved me up.

Here's a video of me jumping in the Sacramento River to wash off the mud after the race.
And here are a few pictures of me and Meema, nice and clean before the race began.


I know how lucky I am to have a mom that's this much fun. I hope I will be able to do lots of fun things with my little girls when they are all grown up.

My dad took the girls to DeGarmo park in the morning while Meema and I were getting muddy. He said that Allison climbed up the spider web all by herself. I wasn't surprised, she climbed these rocks all by herself earlier in the week. (This photo is going to give Meema a heart attack.) I spotted her the whole way up and only stepped away long enough to snap this pic.
After my mom and I cleaned the mud off, and after the girls had a nap, we went to a reptile show in Chico. Jessica wanted to touch everything and Allison was more into the snow cone she got at the end.
Here are a few videos from the reptile show.
I got some great quality time with my BFF while Meema and Grandad watched my girls for me. I even got some snuggle time with Hannah before I left, but I always wish I had more time.
Here are a couple videos of the girls playing with Meema and Grandad while I was at the baby shower.Yeeha No
Surf's Up
Cute!!!!
Here are some videos I took at Meema and Grandad's house last Friday. We took a walk down to the ditch, it's one of the fun things to do there, and the dogs always go too.
Allison Throwing Rocks into Ditch
Jessica trying to climb up to the ditch is pretty much what Meema and I looked like trying to climb out of the mud pits.
Jessica Climbing the Ditch
Walking Up the Driveway
Jessica found a wiggly worm while we were playing after dinner one night last week. She played with this worm for about 30 minutes until her little sister got so jealous that she chopped it in half with the cup Jessica used to give it a bath. Allison didn't want the worm, she just didn't want Jessica to enjoy it so much.
Jessica's Pet Worm
Jessica's Pet Worm 2
Jessica's Pet Worm 3
Talking about our Georgia Visit


5 comments:
That was a thoroughly entertaining blog. I love all the different adventures you guys get to do and I like to get to see them all.
Love, Daddy
You have many exciting adventures ahead of you with your three curious girls, Joe.
Lexi
That looked like quite the run ! Glad you got to do that together. Those were sure some cute videos of Jessica and Allison. Thank you so much for the latest blog.
Everything the girls say is so cute! I love to listen to them.
I can't believe I did those mud pits. Just for you! I wish we had signed the girls up for the kids mini mud blast!
This was a great blog, had me smiling so big. :)
We'll have to start thinking of some fun thigs to do when you visit us in GA. It will be hard to compete with Meema, Grandad and Grandpa Jim.
PawPaw and I are looking forward to your visit.
Post a Comment