Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gettin' Fit

Our home health nurse, Debra, came over for a visit yesterday and we filled out a 4 month developmental questionnaire for Jess. It turns out she is excelling socially, but she is behind on her upper body strength. The root cause: she absolutely hates tummy time. So, mommy and daddy are getting serious now. I picked up a tummy time mat at Sears while we were there getting her 4 month portraits done and daddy designed a special workout routine just for her. Here are some pictures of Jess on the mat and a video of her routine.
It's cute 'cuz you can see her fuzzy little head in the sunlight. The mat is shaped like a surfboard and there is a little water filled bag with foam animals that float in it.
She doesn't hate it... yet.
(Funny side story: Last night I got up for her 4am feeding and I propped her on my shoulder to carry her into another room. She was so hungry that she latched herself onto my neck and went to town before I knew what was happening. Luckily, I caught her before she gave me a hickey. That would've been embarrassing to walk around town with, I can only imagine the looks I would've gotten. Lil' stinker!)


Here's how you can check out her Sears Portraits: http://www.searsphotos.com/ Session# 115003 Password: VFD2X -We purchased pose #2 to distribute but if you like another one better you can buy it online.

3 comments:

M said...

Jessica is absolutely adorable!
I'm sure her upper body strength will increase since her daddy designed an exercise program for her. He's a determined person once he has his goal set. Lady

Meema said...

She is so cute on her tummy time mat! I agree, her fuzzy hair in the sunlight is utterly adorable. I watch the exercise video over and over because it cracks me up so bad. You can tell she's lovin' it! The almost-hickey on the neck is pretty darn funny too. Thanks for another wonderful blog!

James said...

That is such a cute picture. I really enjoyed seeing the new blog. Jessica seems to like getting physical ! Thank you for the latest.