Joe came home from Alaska on Tuesday and it was his official last flight with the 563 Flying Training Squadron so they called it his "fini flight". I was invited to join his coworkers in the tradition of spraying him down with water when he stepped off the plane. We had to take a bus out to the flight line. Here is a picture of all the guys on the bus, Colonel Orris (Joe's commander) is the guy on the far left with the sunglasses. He babysat Jessica on the bus while I hosed off her daddy. He is the same guy that drove me to the hospital to give birth to Jessica 9 weeks ago.

Jessica slept through the whole thing, I think colonel Orris was relieved.

This is Joe's plane taxiing in. It was a beautiful day for a fini flight.

Here's a picture of Joe and his baby girl after mommy hosed him down, he is soaking wet but it is hard to tell in this picture. You can see he is wearing his gold oak leaf insignias now, we are going to his promotion party later on today... Major Haggerty.

Here's a video of the hosing.
4 comments:
Congratulations to Jessica's daddy MAJOR Haggerty. Those gold oak leaves look great don't they.
Love,
Aunt Ruth
Congratulations Major Haggerty! I am bursting with pride! Jessica looks rather plump and satisfied. I can't believe how different she looks from the last time I held her when she was 3 weeks old. I can't wait to make her smile... I will stop at nothing!
I will have to wait and see the video from home, my work computer blocks it.
Again Joe I am SO proud of you!!
Looks like there was a lot of zeal in the hosing !
Congratulations Major Haggerty.
I'm beaming with pride, Major Haggerty. Quite a different career path from the three year old who used to stand on the stair steps and throw pillows because he was immitating a garbage man. That's what he wanted to be when he grew up. Maybe you can live out your dream of being a garbage man in your second career.
Post a Comment