Today started out pretty good, I got my shopping done in the wee morning (5am) because the weather channel said that it was going to be 100 degrees here (and they weren't joking). The seemingly sweet morning quickly turned sour when I walked into the bedroom and smelled the foulest odor ever. Pinkerton had eaten something in the backyard, I let the cats out while I watered, and it obviously didn't agree with her. There was Pinkerton poop everywhere!!! On the bed, in the loft and basically everywhere but the nursery. I almost cried. Jess was still in good spirits though so I put on a happy face and decided to give her a quick lesson on how to operate a steam vac. I spent all day cleaning and Jessica decided she wanted to be right there with me the entire time... she wouldn't let me put her down. So I tried the front loader baby pack and she thought it was pretty funny but not as comfortable as her sling.



She prefers the sling and slept in there for hours while mommy work horse slaved away with the steam vac, carrying her around like a pack mule.



I've been desperately trying to get her big gummy grin on video to prove to her daddy that she does it but all I've managed to capture is this half smile so it will have to do for now.
6 comments:
Gosh, I can't wait to get home! Now I know how everyone else feels seeing only pictures of Jessica instead of the real thing!
I know, it's terrible isn't it, Joe? You get to hold her and snuggle her and kiss her almost every day! Lexi I think these might be the cutest pictures ever. I know you had a terrible time but Jessie looks as happy as ever. I love the look she is giving you from the front-loader! She looks too precious in the sling, like an Anne Geddes baby. SO comfortable on the mommy work horse/pack mule!!
That was pretty cute half smile there on the video ! She sure was cute all curled up while mommy was slaving away on pinkerton poo.
Aww, Joe! Cute comment!
I Love the work horse mommy! Reminds me of the mama Kangaroos at the zoo carrying their babies around in their pouches! ha! I know all about the 100 degree heat, working at the zoo, and am always surprised when I see moms with their tiny babies out in the heat and bundled up. Stay inside and enjoy the a/c! Jess looks super comfy in the sling (wish I could do that and *poof*, my house is clean, haha!)
Love You Bunches Sweetie!
Molly
Jessica looks very content and happy in her sling.
We're really looking forward to seeing Jessica and her parents this weekend. Love, Lady
I can't believe I get to meet Jessica next weekend. I can't wait to see how nervous and uncomfortable Joe gets when Nathan starts walking in her direction!
Post a Comment