I never know how affectionate I can be when Joe is in uniform (he is scared of being called out for PDA) so when his coworkers yelled "kiss" I was happy to since it's really hard for me not to be all over him in that sexy flight suit.
Joe made a speech about what an awesome wife I am. He talked about how he was deployed on our first wedding anniversary and that he missed the birth of our first child and that I never hold it against him. I haven't really thought about it that way, I guess it's because he is such a wonderful husband that I don't need to think about those small sacrifices we make.
He gave me flowers when he was done with his speech. Karen Orris, the commander's wife, gave Jessica the rest of her bottle. It was the first time Karen had seen Jessica since she got out of the hospital, she called her a "moose". We had cake too.
Karen held her most of the time.

4 comments:
Oh my gosh this is an awesome blog. CONGRATULATIONS again, Major Haggerty!! I am so proud of you! These pictures are adorable. Jess is almost smiling when Karen is holding her. What a plump and beautiful little priness she is. That was a very nice ceremony. Also couldn't help but notice how beautiful you look, Lexi! The family picture is priceless. Too bad her eyes weren't open, she must've been full and sleepy. :)
That IS a great photo!
What a great looking family. Way to go Major Haggerty. Has a nice ring to it.
Dad and I are very proud of your accomplishments, Son. The first picture reminded me of when you were commissioned an officer in the United States Air Force. Uncle Larry was sharing the stage with you then.
The family picture is great!
Congratulations, Brother.
You've always been a major to me.... a major pain in the butt! Ha!
Post a Comment