Here's a video of Hannah holding Jessica for the first time... I should've warned her to watch out for Jessica's little flying fists of fury.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Steph and Hannah
On Sunday, August 29, Jessica was 3 months old and finally ready to meet two of her mommy's favorite people. So Grandpa and Grandma packed a yummy lunch and we took a little road trip over to Ukiah, California to see Stephanie and Hannah. Hannah is such a big girl now, she just turned 5 on July 31. She was the first person to hold Jessica and I think Jessica really liked her. It was very sweet and I couldn't help but remember when Hannah was as little as Jessica and how excited I got over seeing her and holding her... I can't believe little Jessica will someday be a big girl like Hannah. I'm soooo excited!




What came next was really cute: Hannah brought out her doll bed and wanted us to put Jessica in it. And, as everyone knows, Jessica likes being stuffed into little boxes (refer to "tipping the scales" blog) so in the baby doll bed she went. And she liked it too!




Jessica found Stephanie to be quite comfy and she fell asleep in her arms.


We had the added bonus of seeing Stephanie's boyfriend Jay and meeting Jay's son, Julian, who is 10 years old and was a perfect gentleman. Hannah showed us how Julian could ride her around on his shoulders. It made me feel really good to see that Jay and Julian were treating Hannah and Steph so well. We went outside so Hannah, Julian and Jay could play catch and we had to block the sun from Jessica's face somehow... so I put the "udder cover" on dad and I couldn't resist taking a picture, pretty hilarious.
Dad takes his Grandpa duties pretty seriously.
Hee hee, I got a pic of Steph stuffin' the face.
The visits with Steph are never enough but I am soooo glad that my dad drove us over to see them. I think he enjoyed himself too. If it's anything like the last visit dad will be talking about how adorable Hannah was for weeks to come.
Here's a video of Jessica cooing at me on the drive over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my gosh, that cooing video is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!
Jessica is a hit everywhere. Nathan's latest excuse for jumping out of the moving double stroller is, "I have to see which baby is in front, Baby Sister or Jessica?" It was funny at first, so now he thinks it's fun to jump out of the stroller and use Jessica as an excuse.
My newest favorite blog! Hannah holding Jess is so precious and watching Jess talk to you in her carseat is fantastic. She is amazing, I can't believe the sounds she is already making!
That was a really nice visit. I do always like seeing Hannah. She is just too cute for words. Stephenie is doing a great job with her. She was so cute with Jessica. It was fun sitting with her while she talked my ear off during lunch. I really enjoyed the ride over with my wonderful daughter too.
Awww....LOVE THIS POST! And, I'm completely jealous you were able to spend time with Stephanie and Hannah! They both look great! And happy and Hannah is getting soo big! I miss the old days w/ us three girls!
Love You Bunches!
Molly J.
Post a Comment