Today Jess and I ventured out in public on our own for the first time. It was a little intimidating and in the picture below Jess is saying, "Are you sure about this mommy?"
.JPG)
She then resigned to the fact that I was determined to go shopping.

We went to Costco and Walmart. Jessica hiccupped all the way to Costco (10 minute drive). I actually liked the hiccups because I knew she was ok back there. Here is a picture of what I see in my rear view mirror.

She is the best baby ever! The trip went off without a hitch. Except for the fact it was raining, which made the store less busy, things went smoothly. I got my 100 calorie delicious fudge bars, beef jerky and artichoke hearts, which made me very happy.
.JPG)
The only really tense moment was in Walmart when one of the employees told me I should put her carseat up on the seat instead of in the cart so I would have more room. I told her I didn't feel comfortable with that... she then looked at me like I was a snob and shrugged her shoulders. I am a snob, a safety snob.

I promised Joe when he left for work this morning that I would take a nap today so I am going to go do that.
3 comments:
I love that, a Safety Snob. You pegged those first 2 pictures exactly right, it looks like she is asking if you're sure, then it looks like she is resigned! I like that you have her in the bottom of the cart. Unless you could strap the carseat in, I would not feel safe with it on the seat of the cart. She could get knocked off! Looking at your cart makes me hungry. Glad you are getting the little Princess used to shopping young. We will have many enjoyable trips. :)
Hope that nap went well beautiful. Jessica looked like she was pretty agreeable with the new experience. Thank you for the new blog. They make my days !
I knew exactly what those looks meant because I get them from her daddy all the time :)
Post a Comment