Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cali Bound

Jessica and I are on a two week vacation from Texas in California to visit with her California family. Daddy got his snuggle time in while he could the night before we left.Jessica enjoyed strolling around the airport in her luxury stroller. I enjoyed the cupholders. We swiveled in and out of the Southwest "line up" poles and she thought that was pretty funny. Our first flight from San Antonio to San Diego was pretty empty so we got to bring the carseat on the airplane and Jessica got the window seat (like her daddy).
She pretty much slept the whole 2 hr 40 min plane ride.
Flying into San Diego was gorgeous, I didn't know whether to look out the window or at my precious daughter... I was torn!
Jessica asleep on the layover:
We had to go back out through security in San Diego to get to our next gate so we ended up going through security twice, what a pain! People kept offering to hold Jessica and I kept declining... funny, they didn't offer to hold my bags. I am not going to let some germy stranger hold my precious baby girl even though they were practically begging, one woman offered like 3 times!
Grandpa Jim was waiting at the airport when we arrived and the transition was smooth... I got bored in the car and played dress up with my sunglasses.
When we got back to Grandpa's place Jessica and I took off our dirty plane clothes and Jessica got a much needed bath.
The sunlight coming throught the kitchen window was pleasantly warm.

Grandpa is spoiling her something fierce.
Jessica looks gigantic in Grandma Kari's lap.
We have lots of fun stuff planned for this visit so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Meema said...

Oh my gosh she is a different baby, so plump and delicious! She looks like she loves every minute of everything. The picture of her on her tummy at bathtime is too cute. She is so big now! I'm glad you don't let germy strangers hold her. Mooma and granddad are dying to get our hands on the little princess! Going shopping for the food her mommy likes now...

Megan Meissner said...

Not that I get to see Jessica while she's in Texas, but this post made me miss her even more knowing she's even farther away!

Glad to see you have a good little traveler! That makes a huge difference when you have to fly to see family. Nathan has always been great, but I didn't get so lucky with Kathryn.

Daddy said...

Wow, I'm so jealous of all the fun Jessica is having with her California family. She's only 3 months old and has already been from one coast to the other!

M said...

I know we won't hear from Grandpa Jim for a week because he's enjoying the real thing...little Jessica and her Mommy.

James said...

You are so right, it is only now on wednesday night that I had time to post any comments M. Too busy spending as much time as possible with Alexis and Jessica. Glad I was predictable. Loved seeing them both. You have a very nice son to give up his daughter and wife for two weeks for us. It is so appreciated.