Friday, July 2, 2010

Blast from the Past

Considering Jessica was supposed to be born yesterday, we thought it would be fun to show pics of what she looked like right after her birth. We finally got hold of the pictures from Joe's squadron commander's camera so we'd like to show you how much little Jessica has grown. I'm so glad someone was there taking pictures because we would never have gotten to see these images since Joe wasn't back from Seattle yet. So now, for your viewing pleasure, "Jessica: The Lost Images".


Here's the official weigh-in. As you can see, she has gained exactly 2 lbs from her birth date.

The nurse is taking her APGAR scores. She actually scored very high on all three tests which made the doctors think she had no issues.


It looks like she had a decent head of hair in this pic. Not sure what happenned to it.

You can see the concern on my face as they're evaluating her. They took her to a table that was out of my sight so I had no idea what was going on.
I finally did get to hold her, which was great, but looking at her and listening to her breathe, I knew something just wasn't quite right and I told the doctors to take her and evaluate her again.
You can see she wasn't getting enough oxygen because of the blueness around her eyes and mouth.
In this one, she is in the middle of a chest retraction. You can see the dip in the center of her chest because her lungs weren't mature enough to fill up on their own.

But to end on a happier note, you can see she has put all that behind her and is doing great...


and she says goodbye for now!

3 comments:

Meema said...

I told you she had lost some hair! I could see she was bluish even while you were holding her. But look at her now. The most beautiful baby girl in the world!
I am so glad you finally got those pictures.
I love you Jessibean!!!!!! xoxcoxoxo

M said...

We have a lot to be thankful for, that's for sure. Twelve days and counting, Jessica. Then you'll meet your Lady.

Meema said...

I can't wait to kiss her chubby cheeks again!