Friday, June 4, 2010

Jessica Day 7

I've always known Lexi would be a phenomenal mother. I also had no doubts that she would be a fabulous nurse. Both those thoughts were confirmed last night. As I mentioned before, Jessica has been lying uncovered under a blue light to try and cure her jaundice. She was obviously shivering all day yesterday and the nurses and doctors kept telling us her temperature was good. However, any rational person should know that just because someone's body temperature is 98.6, they can still be cold. Lexi couldn't take it anymore and demanded that they figure out a way to keep Jessica warm. She told them Jessica was experiencing cold stress and that she was using all her energy just to stay warm instead of building up her lungs. She convinced the nurse to build a little tent around Jessica so that it blocked the draft but still let the blue light do it's job. She stopped shivering immediately.

Amazingly enough, when Lexi went in this morning to check on her, Jessica no longer required oxygen and her bilirubin was low enough to take off the light completely. Jessica is a very lucky girl to have a mom like Lexi.

Finally some pictures of Jessica without tubes sticking out of her.

I love this one Not sure what Lexi is spiking her milk with, but Jessica seems to like it!
Speaking of milk, Lexi wanted me to showcase her milk stockpile. She's become quite the dairy.

Here's some videos shot today.







One more thing...Jessica is coming home tomorrow!

3 comments:

Susan and Jerry said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on being able to bring her home finally.

M said...

Our prayers to God for Jessica's improvement have been granted and we give thanks. Paw and I have been blessed with three beautiful grandchildren. Love, PawPaw and Lady

Meema said...

This is the best blog EVER!! GREAT JOB Lexi and Joe! You are bringing your baby girl home today, WOO HOO!! Jessica is so adorable! You can sure tell she prefers to be wrapped in blankets rather than just her diaper... Only 1 week until I get to hold my granddaughter!