Thursday, June 10, 2010

A visit to the germ factory

This morning started off pleasant enough. Joe commanded me to sleep last night and woke up to take care of Jess anytime she needed something. I slept great. This morning I took over Jessica duty and let Joe sleep in a little. Jess and I decided it was a good time to let her toosh get some air and get in a little tummy time too.

Just look at those long legs!


This afternoon J had her first visit to the pediatrician. She looks tiny in her carseat without all the cushioning that I add to help keep her from slumping.

She does well in the car.
We were a little horrified when we got to the pediatrician's office and found that it was packed with little sick kids that were running around and touching everything. We found a corner and parked Jessica there and covered her up, just in case.

Here's a look under the cover.
Jessica's Oxygen saturation was 98%... excellent. I learned to hold the sensor on her foot so they wouldn't get a false low and try to poke her with a needle or something unpleasant like that.

Jessica had a little surprise in store for us when she got weighed. She had to be fully undressed, yep that is poop and pee in the weight tray. Joe and I were cracking up but the technician that had to clean it didn't seem too amused.

The good news is that she has gained weight since we took her home from the hospital. She weighed 5lb 5.5oz last Saturday and today she weighed 5lb 12oz. Yay!!!

Here are some pictures of the pediatrician doing her physical assessment.





Here are some cute bonus pictures I got last night:


And, here we are writing this blog!

5 comments:

Meema said...

oh my gosh this blog did it all. first i cried because she looks so utterly tiny and helpless. my heart is breaking open with love for her. then the picture of her covered up in the ped's office made me laugh out loud (GOOD JOB MOM AND DAD! I can't think of anyone else i would rather have taking tender loving care of this precious bundle, except for me of course).
then the poop and pee on the tray, I was rolling and LMAO!!! these pictures tug at my heart strings so bad i can hardly stand it. i am dying to get to Texas. the wait is killing me.
5 lbs 12 oz, almost a 1/2 pound in 5 days! that's a medical miracle for such a tiny princess!!
Mooma loves you jessybean :)

Meema said...

The other really funny thing I noticed about the jessy-pod in the ped's office is how she is backed into the corner and mom and dad are parked on each side, like inpenetrable sentinels. GO LEXI AND JOE! I don't know if this is a military thing or what (strategic placement of reinforcements?) but whatever it is, I LIKE IT!

Meema said...

ONE MORE COMMENT!
I have never seen you look more happy or satisfied as you look in that last picture with Jess on your chest, Lexi.
Joe you look nervous in the ped's office, like you're trying to anticipate every possible way you may need to protect the jessybean from the germs and germy kids. It is so heartwarming!
You are Father of the Year in my book!

Meema said...

My guess for weight on her due date is 8 lbs. 15 oz.

Megan Meissner said...

Lady says 8 lb 5 oz.