If Jess could talk she'd tell you "My mommy is a zombie and my daddy is a very nervous man". But, despite the fact that Joe and I have come down with a serious case of new baby syndrome we are absolutely having the time of our lives getting to know the most amazing little girl ever born (IMO). My friend Stephanie sent a care package with a bunch of goodies and this pink hat came in the package so Jess and I decided to have a photo shoot:




Stephanie hand-painted this pony bank for Jess, I just LOVE homemade gifts!

Joe is nervously feeding Jessica. He says it's nerve wrecking because he is afraid she'll choke or not eat enough. However, I think he is going to miss it a lot when I start breast feeding.

Our little angel in a quiet alert state on my lap:
In the video below you can get an idea of how active J is in the mornings. She was really active in my belly, it seemed like she never stopped moving... I miss that feeling.
We need to teach Jessica a better way to say hello to people. Wait for it... Wait for it... Bam! There's the finger!
She's just a baby, she doesn't know what she's doing... So I guess you have to blame her parents.
And, for those of you who check out the blog strictly for the cats, here's an update on them. They are both scared of Jessica even though the littlest one outweighs Jess by over 8lbs. We let them out in the back yard a lot so they can escape the baby tyranny.

Here are some veggies Joe grew in his garden.

The highlight of Pinky's week was finding this garden snake in the house. She stalked it all night long, I'd like to think she was protecting Jessica, that probably couldn't have been farther from her mind.
Bunker really has enjoyed all the packages people have been sending him, I mean Jess. Bubble wrap is like a drug for him.
Tomorrow is Jessica's first visit to her pediatrician. Joe and I are nervous about the drive, even though Joe has already plotted the safest course and done a dry run. We are also very anxious to see how much weight Jessica has gained, if any. We will definitely give you a full report on the blog.
6 comments:
It,s only natural to feel nervous doing something u havent done before, especially with something so precious as your baby. Try not to be nervous Joe,relax, feeding your baby is a special time for you and her to bond and get to know each other, enjoy it. Just looking at those gorgeous photos of her, i know u are doing a perfect job of it. take care.xx
Keep the pictures and videos coming. The pix, videos and Skyping will keep me satisfied till July 15th. Love, Lady
The high point of my day is reading your adorable blog! Jessica is such a beautiful little angel! I love the "hat" filmstrp.. my favorite is when she is looking up at you from your lap. What beautiful big blue eyes she has! I can't wait to hold her! I love everything about the garden, Mommy and Daddy and the cats too. I can see Joe making that dry run to the Dr's office... I love you Joe!!!
.. just had to get the first glimpse of the day at little jessybean...i will no doubt call up this blog and get my "fix" several more times before the day is over...
I am just dying to snuggle and kiss her, and my big baby girl too, and her wonderful husband.
2 more days.
washing the little outfits tonight that i bought to bring with me.
It's so cute how she sneaks in the finger during a yawn. No way was that just silly baby fingers. And that is why I love her even more today than I did yesterday.
Who is this mysterious anonymous person? Even Zorro leaves a mark.
:) Lexi
Post a Comment